The College of Data at San José Condition College is the founding sponsor of the Library 2. conference sequence, a partnership we have experienced for 12 many years. You should consider attending their no cost approaching symposium.
Be sure to help you save the day of Oct 11, 2022, for the SJSU School of Information’s free on the web symposium in celebration of Hispanic Heritage Month with keynote speaker Dr. Romelia Salinas. Registration is totally free and the session will be recorded. Sign up to go to!
I. Welcome (10:00 – 10:05 a.m.) – Dr. Anthony Chow
II. Keynote Speaker (10:05 – 10:50 a.m.)
III. Concentrating on the Hispanic/Latinx expertise/culture/range (10:50 – 11:15 a.m.)
IV. How libraries can much better guidance their communities (11:15 – 11:45 a.m.)
- Ms. Madeline Peña Feliz, Affiliate Director/Principal Librarian, Community Engagement and Outreach Department, Engagement and Finding out Division, Los Angeles Public Library
- Mr. Mario Ascencio, College Librarian & Taking care of Director, Library ArtCenter Faculty of Design
- Mr. David Lopez, Promoting & Interaction Librarian, Orange County Community Libraries
- Dr. Michele A.L. Villagran, Assistant Professor, SJSU iSchool
- Dr. José Aguiñaga, Assistant Professor, SJSU iSchool
V. Q&A (11:45 – 11:55 a.m.)
VI. Concluding Remarks (11:55 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.)
The agenda is subject matter to adjust.
Men and women demanding authentic-time captioning/shut captions or other accommodations must contact Sue Alman as shortly as possible.