2. GCSE Statistics
I’ve hardly ever taught GCSE Stats but I know that lecturers of this system usually lament the lack of means. So they’ll be happy to hear that Ben Hamilton has begun sharing a resourced scheme of operate for Edexcel GCSE Data. I know that a lot of lecturers will be truly grateful to Ben for sharing this.
4. GCSE Booklets
Many thanks to Richard Morley for sharing a extremely valuable assortment of GCSE Revision booklets.
📢New source notify!🎉
Been a little bit peaceful on the web-site a short while ago, but I have collated all notes jotters so that they can be printed as a booklet, grouped by Foundation, Crossover and Larger, then by subject matter, down load them at https://t.co/UD5GPGsLCM @mathsjem @missradders @Just_Maths pic.twitter.com/HL3VUjOf4U
— Richard Morley (@MrMorleyMaths) January 17, 2022
Hundreds of wonderful tasks have been shared on Twitter recently, such as…
Here is an interesting activity from @SegarRogers which can be downloaded from @ChrisMcGrane84‘s superb web site. It is really interesting to glimpse at the assortment of issues below and how they can be categorised.
There is tons heading on!
Yesterday I ran a 2.5 hour workshop on curriculum and depth at the MA/ATM London branch. Thank you to anyone who arrived, and thank you to the IoE for web hosting and Japleen Kaur for organising. The ATM and MA have branches all in excess of the state which provide no cost/low cost CPD for maths teachers, so do check out out your neighborhood branch.
Right here are a couple of much more issues you could have missed:
- My online video ‘What secondary lecturers really should know about the Vital Stage 2 maths curriculum’ went down very well – tons of departments have watched it jointly in their office conferences.
- Mathematical Education and learning on Merseyside has been managing choose-household maths competitions in February fifty percent phrase due to the fact the late 1970s. They attract about 2,000 entries each year, with Problem aimed at A long time 7 and 8, and Senior Problem aimed at Several years 9 and 10. Their 2022 levels of competition is live now – visit their web page to enter your pupils.
- Dan Draper – a single of my favourite bloggers – wrote about circle theorems.
- The Liverpool Maths University is functioning on-demand CPD for maths teachers, with a emphasis on enriching GCSE lessons with Essential Phase 5 articles. Info is in this article.
- On Twitter I shared some illustrations of workout routines from my old put up ‘Equations
Exercises’ the place I received a crew of volunteers to form up sections of an algebra textbook from the 1950s. This set is a very good instance of interweaving two expertise: increasing double brackets and solving linear equations: